Sunday, December 20, 2009

Keep it simple, say green building occupants

GT in Atlanta writes: Heather,Can you please 'predict' that Georgia Tech loses (one last time, please) to Iowa in the Orange Bowl. They've had great success when you go against them. Coach PJ would appreciate it, I would appreciate it, and all other GT fans would be grateful.

HD: First of all, let me set something straight about my Georgia Tech picks this season. I went 8-5 on my Georgia Tech picks (same record as Clemson this year), and predicted the Jackets would win eight of their 13 games, including the game against rival Georgia. They proved me wrong against UNC, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Georgia and Clemson. As for the final game of the season, the Orange Bowl, no promises, GT. Our bowl predictions will come out closer to the game times, but I can't help but like the Jackets in this one.


Casey in Rock Hill, S.C. writes: What Tarheels do you think will go pro?

HD: Well, we know Bruce Carter is staying, he's said as much. But Marvin Austin and Quan Sturdivant have the most difficult decisions to make. I have a hard time seeing Deunta Williams go, and the same with Kendric Burney and Greg Little. They're all good players who had good seasons, but Austin and Sturdivant will probably be the highest picks. They'll make their decisions after the bowl game, but the truth is, nobody knows their intentions right now. If I had to guess, I'd say Austin goes.


Alex in Miami writes: Hey HD. Happy Friday. I hear your going to the Gator Bowl for Bobby's last game. Which means you would have attended Lou Holtz last game with ND and Bobby's last game with FSU. Pretty cool, did you ever think that would happen to you?

HD: Thanks, Alex, back at ya. Yeah, I'll be at the Gator (and the Orange), and no, I didn't even realize it until you mentioned it. Very cool. And as an IU grad, I'm pretty sure I was there for Bob Knight's last game, too. I'm very fortunate, and regardless of the outcome of the game in Jacksonville, fans will get their money's worth just to see Bowden coach for the last time.


John in Mel Beach, Fla., writes: Hey HD - any ACC teams receive any recent awards to report on in your blog? Oh yeah...UM's 2001 team was voted SI's TEAM OF THE DECADE! How about a little love on your blog for such a HUGE award?Thanks!

HD: I think you just took care of that, thanks.


Matt in Philadelphia writes: With all the expansion news, do you think there would be a chance of trading the Big East BC for USF. Seem a lot more logical of a team to be in the conference. Boston and Tampa are comparable markets and the Bulls.

HD: Nope. I doubt BC would ever go back to the Big East, nor do I think either party would want that agreement. And no, I don't think BC is joining the Big Ten anytime soon. BC AD Gene DeFilippo has stated publicly he's quite happy in the ACC.


Aaron in Tallahassee writes: You said awhile back that rest assured that Stoops was a good hire for FSU but didn't say anymore about it. Can you please tell me why this guy is right person to replace Mickey?

HD: Well, yes. He's known to have a sound scheme, and make good use space to squeeze an offense. His defenses don't usually give up big plays, he has a good concept of zone, and sends a lot of guys to the NFL. Recruiting-wise, he's good at spotting talent in the secondary, which has been a real strength for Arizona. Stoops' defenses have put up some good numbers without five star recruiting. Imagine what he could do with the talent he can lure to FSU. Stoops pays less attention to how players are ranked and more attention to how good they are on the field. He's earned a lot of respect for what he's done among the coaching ranks and it's hard to match his family pedigree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

add this

Bookmark and Share

www.instantblogsubmitter.com

www.bloggergenerator.com

www.bookmarkingdemon.com